The exploration of the digital world in physical space and the social impact of our digitalized world are often topics of my works. Through interactivity the visitor has the posibility to explore and reflect the limitations and synergies this results in. The art work can be collaborative, exploratory, humorous but also voyeuristic and inquiring. Participation and tangible interaction with physical objects are a key of my work as these elements illustrate the concept and ideas.
Anika Hirt is a media artist from Hamburg, Germany with many homes, currently discovering the peculiar golden McNuggets of the promised land. The exploration of the digital world in physical space and its social impact are often topics of her works. Anika studied Media and Computing at the University for Applied Sciences in Berlin and Interactive Art at the Art University Linz, Austria.
Her works have been exhibited at Ars Electronica (AT), at the Venice Bienale for Architecture (IT), the Santral Istanbul museum of modern art (TR), 5-Days-off (NL) and Lab30 (DE). She has previously worked for the Ars Electronica Festival and for the Frank-Ratchye Studio for Creative Inquiry at Carnegie Mellon University as Artist Research Associate and spent 2 years withe the Carnegie Museum of Pittsburgh working as Digital Innovation Specialist.
- Neu City, Neu Kirche Contemprary Art Center, Glow vs. Glare, Pittsburgh, USA (2015)
- Alloy pgh 2013, Carrie Furnaces, blobs, Pittsburgh, USA (2013)
- Unsmoke, Alloy pgh 2013 artists group exhibition, Pittsburgh, USA (2013)
- Lab 30, Lovely Machine, Media Art Festival Augsburg, Germany (2011)
- Ars Electronica Festival, Lovely Machine, Interface Cultures campus exhibition Linz, Austria (2011)
- Ars Electronica Festival, 9578 Files, Interface Cultures campus exhibition Linz, Austria (2010)
- Ars Electronica Festival, Glific, Interface Cultures campus exhibition Linz, Austria (2010)
- I-Machine Festival, DADAgear, Edith-Russ-Haus Curated by NIMk, Oldenburg, Germany (2009) Rencontres Internacionales de la Réalité Virtuelle, Space Trash, in Laval, France (2009)
- Santralistanbul, Glific, Uncharted: User Frames in Media Art, Istanbul, Turkey (2009)
- Long Night of Research Linz, Space Trash in Linz, Austria (2008)
- Venice Biennale for Architecture, DADAgear, Venice, Italy (2008)
- Ars Electronica Festival, DADAgear, Interface Cultures campus exhibition Linz, Austria (2008)